Mobile Device Distribution Information
For additional information, please contact (305) 558-8000.
Greetings Lioness Pride!
Welcome to what will be a fabulous year in THE PRIDE!!!
It is indeed a privilege to start another year at C.O.P.E. Center North! Last year, we made a strategic and intentional effort to visualize the impact of how effective instruction, intentional interventions, and setting high expectations would affect everything and everyone within and outside of THE PRIDE. We set a goal in front of all stakeholders of ensuring 62% of our students received a learning gain in Reading and 40% of our students received a learning gain in Mathematics. Well, we were able to supersede that goal! Everyone put their best foot forward and we were able to make the impact we visualized.
This year, we will continue to have impact vision by having a school-wide focus of F.A.M.E. (Fueling Attendance to Motivate Excellence). Our students will continue to fuel their academic success by attending school on a consistent basis. Our faculty and staff will continue to fuel the progress of our students by setting the example and setting high expectations to motivate our students to reach our goals as well as their own goals. As always, I must highlight all that was accomplished last year.
- completed our Internal Funds and Title I Audits with NO audit exceptions
- completed our Property Audit with no unfound property
- passed our Sanitary Audit
- earned the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation.
- reached an all high percent tested on our state assessments of 100% (a C.O.P.E. Center North record breaker)
- began offering Dual Enrollment opportunities through D.A. Dorsey to our students and opened an Early Childhood Academy where students can earn an Early Childhood certificate
- accumulated 65 percentage points in Reading learning gains (a C.O.P.E. Center North record breaker)
- accumulated 74 percentage points in Mathematics learning gains (a C.O.P.E. Center North record breaker)
- began the process of cultivating our own C.O.P.E. Center North Healthy Garden
- began the process of utilizing a Tranquility Room for all faculty, staff, and students
- ACHIEVED COMMENDABLE (a C.O.P.E. Center North record breaker)
This year, we will continue to supersede expectations, and hold all stakeholders to the highest of expectations. At this point, we cannot allow ourselves to become complacent based on our many accomplishments. WE MUST PUSH AND EXCEL EVEN HIGHER THAN BEFORE!!! We can do this, after all, we are THE PRIDE that some said would never be commendable! WE PROVED THEM WRONG – WE DID IT!! WE HAVE ARRIVED, and that is because of each and every one of you!
THERE IS NO STOPPIN US NOW BECAUSE WE ARE ONE!!!
Striving for and Achieving Success via Precision
Ebony N. Dunn, Ed.D.
9950 N.W. 19th Avenue, Miami, FL 33147